Directions for Taking a Coffee Enema
Before the Coffee Enema
We at Optimal Health Network recommend that you take at least one water enema, if not two water enemas, before you take a coffee enema. We recommend this because:
- It is easier to retain the coffee enema for the recommended 12-15 minutes when the colon is clear of stool.
- Toxins from stool in the sigmoid and rectal areas will be absorbed along with the coffee if the lower colon is not clear of stool. You do not want to absorb these toxins. The entire purpose of using coffee in the colon is to activate the hepatic circulatory system to pull the coffee out of the lower colon and into the liver. Doesn’t it make sense that other constituents of the colon would also be pulled back to the liver?
- A concern that people who advocate not using a cleansing enema have is that the water enema depletes the body of important electrolytes. Adding a high-quality sea salt to your water enemas addresses this concern. Also, take a hair tissue mineral analysis on a seasonal basis to track your electrolyte levels.
- Finally, regarding the Gerson program, coffee enemas are taken as often as two or three times a day. Coffee enemas taken this often do
not allow stool to build up in the lower colon. Because of this, you only need to clear out the colon before the first coffee enema.
Coffee Enema Recipe
- Use 1 tablespoon made-for-enema ground coffee per 1 cup of filtered water. (You can make several cups of coffee at one time and store the excess in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to one month.)
- Brew the coffee by using filtered water in an automatic drip coffee maker, a percolator, or by putting the coffee grounds into boiling water, allowing it to steep 10 to 15 minutes, and straining the mixture.
- Use only unbleached filters. If you use a drip coffee maker, be sure to use non-bleached filters. The bright white ones, which most people use, are chlorine-bleached, and some of this chlorine will be extracted from the filter during the brewing process.
To Take a Coffee Enema Implant
- Clear out the colon using an enema series.
- Use 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of brewed coffee.
- Mix with 1 quart filtered water and add solution to an enema bag.
- Hold coffee enema for 12 to 15 minutes.
To learn more about coffee enemas, please view our DVD, Cleansing, Coffee Enemas, and Colon Tubes, available through our extensive product website.
To learn about how many coffee enemas and how much coffee you need based on your personal circumstances, please set up a consultation. In order to get started, please fill out our online intake form today!